Search this blog


Home About Contact
Wednesday, June 17, 2009

QUEEN LATIFAH FOR ESSENCE



Queen Latifah graces the covers of the July Issue of Essence. She talks her new album , childhood sexual abuse, and how she is just open for whatever opportunity comes her way. Here is a snippet: During the two decades since she began her ascent, Queen Latifah, born Dana Elaine Owens, has reached higher than she could have ever imagined in her wildest dreams. To an onlooker, it might appear that her every move has been carefully orchestrated, but that wasn't the case. " I never envisioned all of the things that I have accomplished." she tells me days after her 39th birthday party. "In the beginning I just wanted to hear my record on the radio, then I just wanted to make a movie," Latifah confides. "I didnt really have a long term plan, but as more opportunities came my way, I just ran with them."






What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



0 comments: to “ QUEEN LATIFAH FOR ESSENCE

LinkedWithin Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin